One of the biggest road blocks people come up against when they have that winning app idea is not being sure of the next step. This uncertainty is the key reason why many of the best ideas are not even making it to the market. The good news is that you don't need to become a statistic. Mobile applications are the future of everyday communications. If you have a winning idea for a new app, you are already on the road to success. Next, you need to consider how to turn your concept from a great idea to a working app that you and the rest of the online world can access on their smart-devices. Edway App Studio have helped many people just like you with the development and implementation of their often award-winning app ideas. We have the experience and expertise to take you through each stage of design, development, launch and even marketing! And what's more, as a business owner or enterprise, you can utilise any of the fixed or flexible payment options offered by Edway Apps which we can align to your budget. Of course, businesses aren't the only ones who can benefit from our financing options. Ask us about our popular Crowd Funding Services and begin your journey to having your own successful app in the ever-expanding world of digital communication and entertainment. When we receive your enquiry, we will email you an NDA (non disclosure agreement) for your protection, and an account representative will contact you to discuss your project. Contact us for a FREE QUOTE on 1300 842 077 or simply use the contact form.Read More >>
We are continuing the discussion with the general information and overview on the Meduza Artificial Intelligence Solution we are developing. We understand that we are not disclosing any technical information as yet. However, we are providing various interesting aspects on the real-life issues we will be solving with our invention - Meduza AI. Previous post on Meduza AI available here.
Current Development Stage
Basic FeasibilityWe have developed a basic feasibility study and documented the commercial project concept with the detailed execution based on the findings, before 20th November 2016.
Commercial FeasibilityCurrently, we are working on the commercial feasibility study that will progress into the full-scale commercial platform development. We are very confident in our Meduza AI system solution and have a very clear development path with the detailed execution plan. We have used our solution to apply for the 3 separate BRII initiative (Business Research and Innovation Initiative (BRII) | www.business.gov.au) and have already received a favourable response from them. With the basic Feasibility Study completed with enough detail to submit credible technical information for fore-mentioned BRII Initiative, we have now started developing a commercial feasibility system level to allow us to prove concept within the commercial environments.
Different ApproachUnlike the systems based on top of a primitive data layer, our eloquent database & application solution does not limit users to the original pre-existing databases, but in fact, extends the capabilities far beyond conventional 'search and find' features. Our system actively utilises the next generation of technology that can be customised as per the user's need. This then can be applied to a variety of communication and data filtering methodologies that lead to effective contextual system utilisation and performance of daily tasks across many departments in various domains. Ultimately, our Meduza system self-adopts both structured and unstructured data and then validates it based on new knowledge acquired. Our unique approach in this endeavour has led us to redesign and redefine lower level objects and parameters in order to distinguish our database and make it more efficient. Our solution can easily plug into a multitude of different existing database formats, including publicly available data and information which needs to be digitally recognised and restructured to work within a certain objective. This ensures the intelligent development of an improved system structure by determining a dynamic hierarchy to define the information received. Our solution has the additional benefit of being able to be implemented without any disruption to the existing systems.
Real life Examples
The practical applications of our system are numerous and many. To illustrate this, let's take the example of a student trying to write a paper on a new subject.Before the student can begin writing his actual paper, he first needs to source relevant, accurate and up-to-date information that he can use to draw up a solid base for his assignment. To accomplish this, he goes to the library to research key points. He might spend a few hours running Google searches and making notes. He spends time reading journals or studies related to the topic, possibly sourcing statistics, analysing them and then drawing possible conclusion(s) from them. This planning stage could take him weeks before he finally has all the resources he needs to complete the project. Now imagine, if instead of the weeks of research, he was able to jump straight to having all the resources he may require at his fingertips. Imagine that the information was already contextualised, pre-validated, and the most credible topics presented along with key points for each one presented for the student to begin writing the paper straight away. In such situation, he would be able to complete his assignment quickly, with the most accurate and up to date information in the field, and move along to the next task faster.
Now imagine that instead of a student writing a paper, it was a large-scale organisation.This can be a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Company with the R&D initiative or Government Organisation, or even Oil & Gas Exploration and Development Company analysing large internal company gathered information or researching external data for the same matter. It could even be a Cyber Security Organisation, and the amount of cost and resources it takes to constantly analysing reported threats, going through complaints, analysing security extortions and then inventing patches and safeguards to prevent the threat from spreading is time-consuming, costly, and takes a lot of resources before they can even move to the "fixing it" stage. Now instead of having to go through the whole ordeal, what if all the information they needed was being collected in real time, and the division was able to be proactive rather than reactive - which is currently the case with the Government Agencies – allowing them to respond to threats before the users even knew there was a problem. Additionally, what if this system had a comprehensive knowledge of old and current malware and viruses and the best ways that they have been dealt with in the past. Such system would be able to learn and become more efficient as it expands its functionality based on constantly self-updating procedures. Its new-sophisticated functionality would utilise validation processes for the new information and be able to automate some instances, including the ability to recognise external data as well as pre-established internal organisational resources with continuously improving solutions that will be presented in a timely manner. and Merry Christmas from EdwayApps! [caption id="attachment_79149" align="aligncenter" width="383"][/caption] Stay tuned for more news on our Meduza AI! Read More >>
ProFreightQuote is an ingenious one-stop solution that provides instant and competitive sea and air cargo quotes, as well as offering superior additional tools for logistic professionals, shippers and forwarders. ProFreightQuote is a free service to the both customers and freight service providers. We have also connected FedEx, UPS, AustPost APIs services to provide instant quotes comparison and this will be expanded to many more worldwide freight and logistic companies. You can choose to send Container loads – FCL (Full Container LCL (Less than Container Load). ProFreightQuote was designed and developed by EdwayApps, and is built on a web platform optimised for mobile devices, as well as an additional intuitive PhoneGap Android and iOS applications complete with push notifications to enable easier communication practically from anywhere and on the go. How it works:
- Complete a single form to enquire for the goods you would like to ship, relocate or deliver;
- Receive bids from freight companies and forwarders that are custom picked to match your preferences;
- Accept best offer from the provided quote received via an email or as a push notification via Android or iOS apps. You may also choose to create the account and manage all the quotes from the own customised portal;
- Once you chose the preferable shipping or air freight provider, you can send your goods
- We have developed a simple volumetric calculator (IATA) for quick volumetric weight conversion for smaller shipments, as well a more comprehensive version for larger loads which require multiple complex parameters;
- We have also built in a detailed reference feature of specific container specifications for both sea and air versions to determine the right shipping container size for the cargo;
- Our sophisticated incoterms options are presented and evaluated to determine which terms are applicable to specific commercial arrangements;
- Our development team have built in real-time ocean schedules, consisting of a comprehensive global ocean schedule list for multiple destinations;
- We have included useful references to customs and quarantine regulations that may apply to various shipments;
- Another handy feature we have included in our ProFreqightQuote project is the ability to easily reference Tariff Classification of Goods (AHECC) to classify cargo correctly for customs purposes, as well as a customs duty rates and calculator to determine whether goods are dutiable and applicable tariff rate;
- We have developed a customised tracking solution for shipments;
- We even have a comprehensive in-built document template resource for rules and documents.
Packaging is an interesting area to work in, with many different ideas on the best way to present similar market goods as a completely new product that consumers just can't live without. We are currently working on a packaging design concept for our overseas client based in Far East Russia. They require us to be creative - possibly utilising a minimalistic approach or 3D effect artwork - or any other approach we feel suitable to achieve this objective. Our initial research into similar campaigns have led us to Gibbs who has done a great work with the categorising various packaging design styles into six main types:
- Luxe: "Luxurious, elegant, lavish, opulent and refined. Packaging that demands a premium.";
- Bold: "Bright, colourful, and eye-catching. Packaging design that stands out and makes a statement.";
- Charming: "Playful, fun, clever, and cheerful. Packaging that makes you smile.";
- Casual: "Practical and straightforward. Packaging that you see in everyday life.";
- Nostalgic: "Vintage, classic, retro, antique, old-fashioned, and reminiscent. Packaging that reminds you of another time.";
- Crisp: "Clean, contemporary, geometric, simple. sleek, stylish, tidy. This section is about packaging that really lives up to the old adage 'less is more.'"
- As a translation, this product can be described as Fresh Dried Meat Pieces. Can be similar to Basturma, produced in Europe;
- An important message to be portrayed is that the product is "filling and tasty";
- Another message to portray is that it is the perfect accompaniment for road trips or weekend holidays;
- Must show the name of the company – Dobrynya;
- Must advertise that it is a New product or taste;
- Ingredients: Beef, salt, spices (includes paprika, white pepper, thyme).
Easily create and maintain your CV infographic with our new easy to use PinUpp application made for iPhone and Android. Our unique application allows you to present the key features of your work history in an easy to navigate and intuitive interface, giving you a definitive advantage over the competition. By simply selecting the share / sharing option, you can generate and email your CV infographic to a prospective employer in an instant. And, being forefront in superior design, it doesn't take long for your potential employer to locate the relevant information – a factor that busy employers can appreciate when dealing with a mass of applications and other demands on their precious time. Edway Media Pty Limited is an Australian owned and operated company specialising in the development of a range of software solutions, including web and mobile software apps and database management systems. The aim of this project was the development of a natively coded mobile app for Android and iOS supported devices. The client chose to utilize the parse as the backend and subsequently chose to migrate to back4app The app integrated with the Social Media Logins (LinkedIn and Facebook) to enable easy registration and pre-fill users profile based on the data sourced from social media account. PinUpp synchronises easily between the iPhone and Android platforms. When we finished the client's pre-launch requirements list, our client planned an initial marketing campaign to obtain actual market feedback. While this market research is taking place, we were asked to plan further works for the Stage 2. As PinUpp allows users to create multiple profiles and share the infographics CV profiles. We have proposed that the mobile app may also be found useful for sports-people to maintain the professional profile as additional to a LinkedIn detailed profile with the deep focus on the social aspects within the business community. PinUpp mobile app users may be actors, guitarists, athletes or more. In fact, PinuUpp has the ability to create an infographic or anything that you may wish to present. You can express an abundance of relevant information in a quick single page infographic style. Simply choose templates that the best express your profile information. The key functional requirements of the PinUpp app project:
- Integration with social media, including the capability of inviting friends on these platforms to join app. Connect 3rd Party backend and then migrate to another preferable provider. The paid push notifications and possible ads as early monetisation. The app comes in free and extensive functionality mode for US$0.99;
- Encryption and security of user personal data;
- User-Interface with scalable capabilities and maintainable security settings;
- The capability of detecting errors and logging of non-recognisable communication. Additional features:
- Create up to 5 PinUpp profiles per job applications for yourself, or perhaps help out friends and younger family members by creating a simple PinUpp profile for their summer job.
- Change titles, logos and share your cool PinUpp profile on social media and get the word out there.
- Create PinUpps on the go! Need to send out a spur of the moment snapshot of your experience for a job application or networking opportunity? Just send a PinUpp.
- Are you captain a sports team? Create a PinUpp profile for your team to provide a snapshot of your team members.
- Dropping off your child in daycare? Prepare a PinUpp profile that provides a snapshot of what your kid likes, emergency contact details, favourite cartoon characters, their favourite bedtime stories … the applications are endless!
The availability of high end smart phones and tablets at affordable prices has resulted in the widespread use of smart phones as the primary device in performing most of your tasks on the go. The increased flexibility of cloud computing and high-speed internet has enabled users to make the most out of these indispensable assets. With this continuing trend, mobile applications are playing an increasingly vital role in completing normal everyday tasks. A mobile application can be of any genre, whether a game, for entertainment, marketing, research, etc., however the key feature on its success depends on how it looks and performs on the platform, device and most importantly if it meets user expectations. A number of factors come into play when a user chooses to use a desired app, starting from its user-friendliness, compatibility, and speed in comparison to other features, cross-platform support and bug free programming. If you are looking to develop a mobile application with any app development company in Melbourne, you should always preview their portfolio to assess the kind of apps they have worked on, their client testimonials - and most importantly - their ability to provide you with a personal service through-out the entire app development stage rather than just treat you as another client file in their records. Furthermore, if you are looking to develop an app from scratch or perform a redesign with an app development company, it would be advantageous for the app development company have a strong background in the following key aspects of mobile application design and implementation: Application Migration: An app development company that has prior experience converting a desktop application to a mobile app would have an added advantage as in this scenario many users would be shifting from computers to mobile devices and having an app development company with this experience would make the transition seemless. Multiple Platform Migration: Be it ipad/iphone, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone with their respective OS, brands or models – a development company with this experience of changing over from one platform to another is always preferable. Application Redesign: When doing a re-design, select an app development company that can advise you of the key redesign features in an app rather than just blindly doing the changes of the first draft. The feedback from the app development company would show that they are keep to get a design where your users can comfortably manage content and keep it cost effective for you as well. User Interface Design: UX/UI is critical with a mobile app. When select an app development company go through their port-folio and look at their previous work. A user-friendly and interactive app that does a task with simple steps will keep user coming back to it and recommend it around. An app development company that places prominence on user interface that is compatible with numerous platforms will make it easier to reach more users. Quality Assurance: The quality of an app is necessary for it to function properly and be accepted. A conscientious developer will carry out frequent and rigorous testing, resolve problems, (if any) before its launch for good quality assurance. A glitch free product would have to be checked for its functionality, integration, system, usability, navigation and any other potential issues before it hits the market. Always look out for the quality aspects of an app development company and their internal processes they have in place to adhere to quality. Application from such an app development company, that have the right internal quality procedures and the right skills, experience and expertise on various platforms, devices and versions would certainly add a lot of value to your product and could be the factor that gets your app to the top of the list. Want to know more about web apps and mobile apps development CALL US AT 1300 842 077, EdwayApps. You can also contact us in person. We have our offices at: Level 1, 424 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004 VIC; or, Level 1, 100 William Street, Sydney 2000 NSW.Read More >>
In today's fast paced world, the time to execute an idea is short and this is simply because of the competition out there. Business organisations are unable to investigate all potential avenues to keep their product one step ahead of the competition. Most of them are looking for the smartest way to eliminate this problem. Everyone is on the lookout for the next big innovative solution to make that vital advancement that can boost their business. Smart phones are all the rage now and making a mobile application can consequently bring up a wide range of opportunities e.g. e-commerce, social marketing etc. Believe it or not, there are many ways to get the word out there and to get an edge over your competition. A good partnership with an App Development Company will help you: More Exposure to your Potential Customer This point is more about the wide platform the mobile app developer creates for its customers, as it will help to reach most people. As it is well known Smart phones are quite expensive, hence perhaps another avenue is to develop applications that can target people who are interested in using some other type of mobile devices. The right app developers from Melbourne are quite tech savvy and can find you innovative solutions to make your services and products beat the competition in the market. Earmark your Brand's Entity It is obvious that a customer's mind is completely jammed with the huge number of brands available on the market. This sometimes creates confusion in their mind as to which one to choose. So, one of the best way to create your brand identity is to develop a unique idea and this can be discussed with the app developer and make an application which looks and feels completely unique. An experienced innovative developer can turn your idea into an exceptional app. Improvised Customer Relationship If you are wanting to create a good impression of your business or improve your existing customer's interest, then it's the right time to give them something extra. Create an app where the customers are in control. Giving the customers the ability to customise functionalities in the app, will increase your customer's app usage time which in turn will lead to more business. Possibility to go Viral It is very difficult to make a stand in the market today unless and until you have any new marketing campaign. An application or an idea can go viral if it gets accepted, shared and liked by lots of people. This is where social marketing comes in. An app with the right built-in widgets that make it seamless with the mass media will gain traction and could prove the differentiating factor for your business. The above mentioned ways are just a few of the app strategies you could adopt to improve your business image online. If you are an organisation aiming to keep ahead in the social market place, think about creating an app that could be the game changer. There are many App Development Companies from Melbourne, however make sure you choose a reputable one that shares the same passion as you and always looking to develop something different from the main stream. That's what will make you completely unique. All the best. Want to know more about web apps and mobile apps development CALL US AT 1300 842 077, EdwayApps. You can also contact us in person. We have our offices at: Level 1, 424 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004 VIC; or, Level 1, 100 William Street, Sydney 2000 NSW.Read More >>
Paper on Mental Health - started writing after attending the meeting on 15th of October 2016 at The Royal Children’s Hospital in Parkville, VIC. November 13, 2016 171030_MB Mental Health.edited Personal philosophy towards the work that I do is that it is a hobby that I am deeply passionate about rather than an obligation that I must complete each day in order to make a living. While I believe that the human condition dictates that we must work to survive, I strongly believe that that work should be based on smart and efficient principles – continuously striving to improve approaches that allow us to deal with any complexity of tasks with greater proficiency, as well as standardising the procedures for routine tasks. There are so many non-monetary benefits coming from this approach of work ethic. There are the intrinsic self-fulfilment and personal growth accomplishing a growing portfolio of personal achievements, as well as the positive external recognition that boosts our personal feeling of self-worth and motivates us to accomplish even more! I believe that an active and productive life is the key to personal satisfaction and happiness. Hardships and difficulties along the way are not always setbacks, but are in fact part of the ‘game' and allow us to break through personal limitation and push through them to achieve the next level. - In most cases, it's not important what you do, but how you do any of the daily tasks you face. If your attitude and approach are proper then it will bring you to do what you have to do eventually! - To achieve efficiency lies within the organisation of daily tasks and information (including at the personal level) and, therefore, leads to quality of the outcome for the performed tasks, at least, because there is more productive time at person’s (organisation’s) disposal to perform QA. - Mean what you say, and do what you say! - The truth is the simple things on a surface, but that can be deeply thought out in a complex manner and can be considered to be "consciously understood". - My true desires coincide with my beliefs that are supported by the logical formulations and therefore do not contradict to each other.Read More >>
MudMate and MudMate Pro – with extended sophisticated functionality that involves highly complex algorithms. This app centers around a single complex algorithm that users can interact with to provide quick, reliable information for the drilling fluid industry. On-site personnel/engineers can utalise the functionality of Mud Mate for iPhone - and much more on MudMate Pro for iPad, which utilises the bigger User Interface and allow better usability. The Mud Mate app aims to enable quick calculations optimised for touch screens for users whose activities or professions involve drilling fluids. Drilling fluids are used to facilitate drilling bore holes. This project utilises very sophisticated algorithms that have to be designed, tested and implemented to provide the intended results. The company aims to reduce the complex data requirements and opportunities for human error inherent to drilling fluids calculations.
Mud Mate iPhone and iPad Mobile Apps have six primary functions for drilling fluids calculations:
- Mud Weights
- Non-Aqueous Fluid
- Pumps and Volumes
- Brine Builder
- Mud Builder
- Handy Tools
The MudMate iPhone and iPad Apps main functions are described bellow:
- Mud Weights: Weight up, Resultant Weight, Mixing Fluids screens.
- NAF (Non-Aqueous Fluid) Calculator: Data Entry and Adjustment screens.
- Pumps and Volumes: The arrows are indicating the direction of the drilling Mud. This function (Pumps and volumes) will let the user know the amount and speed at which the mud is pumped. We have enabled a user to enter data easier than typing numbers and designed a graphical depiction of the well. The arrows are indicating the direction of the drilling Mud. This function (Pumps and volumes) will let the user know the amount and speed at which that mud is pumped.
- Brine Builder: This feature includes the sliders and data output. We thought of the best way to present the data on the various salts the engineers use to be the most useful to the tech person in the field. Brine Builder: the user can choose the Brine and see the corresponding properties. This was one of the easier functions to develop, and we carefully chose the user experience as the filter option for the provided data.
- Mud Builder: Includes Building NAF and WBM (Water Based Mud). Mud Builder is a two-screens display function based on Basic Mix for Water-based Mud and expanded Basic Mix for Oil-based (Non-aqueous) Mud functionality.
- The Various screen: includes other calculations from Mud Calc incorporating sliders where possible to fit the theme and ease of use of the app.
Further App development stages:
- Improve UX and design custom widgets;
- Graphics for visual data interpretation;
- Help or hint buttons to help the user explain the functions and tech background.
Right on Course is a small to medium size company that provides Hi-Fliers Distribution services. The company was using Garmin wearable devices to monitor and record Distributors actual data for the jobs performed. It was a costly and cumbersome process as the company was purchasing Garmin wearables and providing them to their Walkers. The manager would then be required to transfer data from each wearable device to his desktop via cable. In order to source a better solution, the client contacted us and explained that he is using 3rd party platform called mediatrack which was developed, marketed and maintained by Steven Davey from Pagination. We, from EdwayApps, and the Client and Steven Davey met at his office in Geelong (VIC, Australia), and we were quick to establish working process between the companies and the client.
The Right On Course apps was developed using the native framework to code the both iPhone and Android to achieve client's requirements:
- Work in offline mode and sync data when connects back to the internet.
- GPS tracking to be very accurate to show the Hi-Fliers Distributors walking both sides of streets and to show the actual walk to the mailboxes.
There was some other functionality required to be designed and executed to enable quality system operations:
- We developed the backend database to feed data to the Mediatrack system in the required format.
- We designed and implemented APIs to establish the systems' connectivity.
- We designed the app data feed to be displayed on the web application interface to show data within management mediatrack portal.
The Right On Course Map App is unique in the fact that any Map Boundary can be created and then sent to an iPhone application via link distributed through email or SMS.The recipient receives the link on the phone and presses the "Start" button. The Right On Course Mobile App starts tracking hi-fliers distributors walking routes within the boundary. When the hi-fliers distributor completes the job they just press the "Complete" button, and the information is fed back to the client's database for retrieval on the desktop via the Admin Management panel. The uniqueness of this App is that you can see at a glance if a whole area is completed successfully or not, if some of the houses or streets have been missed or passed and at what speed the delivery took place. The Right On Course Map Tracking Mobile App can be adapted to any industry that needs to track their employees or contractors when performing a delivery service within a set geographical area or to a specific home or business anywhere in the world. The Right On Course Map App has been created primarily for the newspaper & catalogue industry. This Mobile App allows distribution companies to check if and when the job boundary area allocated to their Walkers have been performed correctly. This gives the distribution company the ability to confirm at a glance that the clients' advertising material has been delivered into their selected areas and in a timely manner. It also assures the Distribution Company that their Walker has completed the areas assigned to them within the designated period. Our Right On Course mobile apps also have added features such as the ability to submit data upon the job completeness via the App (i.e. how many newspapers left, if there were not enough newspapers to cover the designated area, allows comments to be sent to the Administrator.). All this data along with the Walked Map can then be synced to the media track database so that it can be checked or automatically updated within their database. The client has described the process from the point of view that he carries out his daily duties and then has his ideas on what areas of the business he wants to improve. We then analysed the information and provided basic high-level logic for the system that we can integrate with the existing Mediatrack software.
- The following steps are carried out on the desktop at Mediatrack.com.au by Hi-Fliers administrators.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create maps of various distribution areas and draw boundaries and notes. The maps are created on .ASP [classic] pages using Google Map Drawing API's. The maps references, zoom factor, drawn objects, markers, etc. are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create distribution jobs for various clients. The jobs are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- When/as required, Hi-Fliers administrators use the Job Planner web application to allocate specific maps to a job and then also allocate specific Walkers to those areas. The Planner job system automatically sends out a notification email to the required Walker(s) informing them of the job and the required area(s). The email may contain several map areas, and for each zone, the email has two links. The first link takes the Walker to a web page showing the area and the boundaries and notes so they can see just where they are required to walk and deliver the items. The links have embedded detail as to the job number and Walker number etc. for verification purposes.
We, at EdwayApps www.edwayapps.com.au, have analysed required information and proposed the following solution to address the requirements.The Walker should receive a job notification email as per existing system structure and work with the GPS tracking mobile app, as outlined below:
- Start/Load the iPhone or Android Mobile App, which would load the area map and boundaries from the Mediatrack site.
- Allow the Walker to "START" walking to start tracing/mapping their movements.
- Allow the Walker to "STOP/PAUSE" the tracing so that they can do one part of the map one day and then complete the walk at another time.
- Allow the Walker to "Continue" or "Finalise" the walk.
- If the Walker "Finalises" the walk, they would be taken to a screen that would allow them to fill in the quantity of items over or under and then submit the completed job.
- The app would then store the GPS data points together with additional information into the system DataBase. The system Uploads/communicates the job number, Walker ID, Quantity Over/Under, Area GPS Points, Walkers Boundaries Geo Area to the MediaTrack/Hi-Fliers system, and then sends an email to the Hi-Fliers administrator alerting that the area has been completed.